Following several staff complaints, NBCWashington investigated the travel expenses for Dr. DeRionne Pollard, the president of Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland. In addition to a $280,000 annual salary and $3,000 monthly housing allowance, the school’s Board of Trustees agreed to pay for all work-related travel for the president and her partner. That’s resulted in more than $70,000 for travel to Napa, California, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and almost 40 other destinations since 2013, an average of 13 trips per year, including $6,000 to upgrade seats, $3,700 for extra and overweight baggage, and stays at the Four Seasons. The college also pays for her $850 for her monthly lease for an Infiniti Q70, plus gas, maintenance, parking, and insurance, plus $10,000 per month for an SUV chauffeured by an off-duty police officer. Why all that travel to promote the school when it’s packed to the gills? Why promote it out of state when it’s a local community college? Why is the college president receiving such luxuries when most of her students are at the other end of the wage scale?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- FY 2017 Financial Reports Highlight City’s ‘Solid Financial Position’ December 13, 2017
- Rockville Facilities to Close for the Holidays, Dec. 7 Employee Event December 7, 2017
- Rockville Police Seek Help in Locating Missing Woman December 7, 2017
- Rockville Facilities to Close for the Holidays December 5, 2017
- Deadline Approaches to Take the Police Chief Survey November 28, 2017
- Autumn Crisp juice, Jazz Brunch and other Dawson's Market delightsCelebrate the advent of fall with the arrival of seasonal aromatic drinks, popping up on...
- Rockville Rewards Saves You Money And Benefits NonProfitsWhat is a Rockville Rewards Card? By purchasing a Rockville Rewards card for $25, you...
- Elections for 4-year Rockville Mayor and Council Positions To Be Held Nov 3, 2015Election season is in full swing in Rockville. Early voting to elect a Rockville mayor...
Ever Changing Tag Cloud
A&J Restaurant Beryl Feinberg Beryl L. Feinberg Board of Appeals Board of Supervisors of Elections Boards and Commissions Bridget Newton Brigitta Mullican Budget Bus Rapid Transit Cava Chestnut Lodge China Bistro Choice Hotels Cindy Cotte Griffiths City Clerk City of Rockville Claire Marcuccio Whitaker Claire Whitaker Clark Reed College Gardens Community Ministries of Rockville David Hill Dion Trahan Don Hadley Downtown Drew Powell East Rockville Environment commission Federal Realty Investment Trust Gazette Historic district commission Hometown Holidays JBG Companies Joe Jordan John Hall Julie Palakovich Carr King Farm La Limena Lincoln Park Mark Pierzchala Mayor and Council Montgomery County Montgomery County Public Schools New Mark Commons Open Meetings Act Patrick Schoof Peerless Rockville Phyllis Marcuccio Piotr Gajewski Planning Commission Red Brick Courthouse Red Gate Golf Course Richard Gottfried Rockville Central Rockville Chamber of Commerce Rockville Community Coalition Rockville Economic Development Inc Rockville Farmers Market Rockville Pike Rockville Town Square Safeway Senior Citizens Commission Sima Osdoby Spice Crossing Team Rockville Tom Moore Town Center Town Square Twinbrook Virginia Onley Voting West End West End Citizens Association Woodley Gardens