Following several staff complaints, NBCWashington investigated the travel expenses for Dr. DeRionne Pollard, the president of Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland. In addition to a $280,000 annual salary and $3,000 monthly housing allowance, the school’s Board of Trustees agreed to pay for all work-related travel for the president and her partner. That’s resulted in more than $70,000 for travel to Napa, California, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and almost 40 other destinations since 2013, an average of 13 trips per year, including $6,000 to upgrade seats, $3,700 for extra and overweight baggage, and stays at the Four Seasons. The college also pays for her $850 for her monthly lease for an Infiniti Q70, plus gas, maintenance, parking, and insurance, plus $10,000 per month for an SUV chauffeured by an off-duty police officer. Why all that travel to promote the school when it’s packed to the gills? Why promote it out of state when it’s a local community college? Why is the college president receiving such luxuries when most of her students are at the other end of the wage scale?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Your Neighbors, Help Others with Rockville’s Annual Holiday Drive October 17, 2017
- Two Meetings Scheduled for Input on Possible Community Center October 12, 2017
- November Deadline to Nominate a Neighbor for a Human Rights Award October 11, 2017
- Budget Brainstorming: City Offers Early Opportunities to Speak Out October 10, 2017
- On Your Marks for the Rockville 10K/5K October 10, 2017
- Tue Oct 17: Eat Out to Fight Cancer!Eat out to fight Cancer. All you have to do...
- Sun Oct 22: VisArts: 30th Anniversary Launch PartyJoin VisArts in a kick off of its 30th Anniversary...
- Fri Dec 1: Rachel Schmidt: Shadow BuildersStarting Date: November 15, 2017 Ending Date: January 7, 2018...
- Autumn Crisp juice, Jazz Brunch and other Dawson's Market delightsCelebrate the advent of fall with the arrival of seasonal aromatic drinks, popping up on...
- Rockville Rewards Saves You Money And Benefits NonProfitsWhat is a Rockville Rewards Card? By purchasing a Rockville Rewards card for $25, you...
Ever Changing Tag Cloud
A&J Restaurant Beryl Feinberg Beryl L. Feinberg Board of Appeals Board of Supervisors of Elections Boards and Commissions Bridget Newton Brigitta Mullican Budget Bus Rapid Transit Cava Chestnut Lodge China Bistro Choice Hotels Cindy Cotte Griffiths City Clerk City of Rockville Claire Marcuccio Whitaker Claire Whitaker Clark Reed College Gardens Community Ministries of Rockville David Hill Dion Trahan Don Hadley Downtown Drew Powell East Rockville Environment commission Federal Realty Investment Trust Gazette Green Building Code Historic district commission Hometown Holidays JBG Companies Joe Jordan John Hall Julie Palakovich Carr King Farm La Limena Mark Pierzchala Mayor and Council Montgomery County Montgomery County Public Schools New Mark Commons Open Meetings Act Patrick Schoof Peerless Rockville Phyllis Marcuccio Piotr Gajewski Planning Commission Red Brick Courthouse Red Gate Golf Course Richard Gottfried Rockville Central Rockville Chamber of Commerce Rockville Community Coalition Rockville Economic Development Inc Rockville Farmers Market Rockville Pike Rockville Town Square Safeway Senior Citizens Commission Sima Osdoby Spice Crossing Team Rockville Tom Moore Town Center Town Square Twinbrook Virginia Onley Voting West End West End Citizens Association Woodley Gardens