With Valentine’s Day coming up, Washingtonian magazine has just listed the 158 great places for a date but Rockville barely gets a mention. The only places that made the grade are:
- Mayorga Coffee Roasters (801 Pleasant Drive in King Farm)
- Spice Crossing (100-B Gibbs Street in Town Square)
- Music Center at Strathmore (okay, that’s really not in Rockville, but I’m grasping)
Really? Really? Are there no other great places to get a drink, listen to music, see a show, go dancing, have fun, enjoy a meal, do something different, or even pop The Question in Rockville? Here are my suggestions:
- Lots of romantic restaurants in town, including La Tasca or Cava (fun to share small dishes of food)
- Take a stroll along Rock Creek (trailhead at Linthicum Street and Marcia Lane in Twinbrook)
- Go rock climbing on the indoor wall at the Civic Center Park.
Any other suggestions to help out the romance-impaired?