President Barack Obama visited Rockville today, the latest in a series of US Presidents who have visited our fair city. Obama gave a speech regarding the federal government shutdown at M. Luis Construction at 14811 Southlawn Lane (next to Rockville Fuel and Feed, so technically it’s just outside). This site was selected because it’s a woman and minority owned business affected by the shutdown. Attendance was by invitation only, which included plenty of local elected officials, such as State Senator Jennie Forehand, County Executive Ike Leggett, County Councilmember Hans Riemer, and City Councilmembers Mark Pierzchala, Bridget Newton, and Tom Moore (who provided the photos–thanks!).
Join 334 other followers
- Mayor and Council to Review Latest Concepts for Rockville Metro Station
- Pandemic Resulted in High Subsidies for Recreation and Parks in 2021
- Will Mayor and Council allow Self-Storage Warehouses near Schools and Adult Day Care Centers?
- Board of Supervisors of Elections Recommends Lowering Voting Age to 16
- Mayor and Council to Adopt Plan for Red Gate Park
Top Posts & Pages
- For Sixth Year, Rockville Nets Full 100 Points for LGBTQ+ Support December 2, 2022
- MLK Day Celebration Offers an Opportunity to Serve December 1, 2022
- Community Organizations Invited to Apply for Grants December 1, 2022
- Rockville’s MLK Day to Celebrate ‘Boldly Imagining Our Future’ December 1, 2022
- Manage Diabetes, be Grateful and Breathe Better, This Month at the Senior Center December 1, 2022