Winter is rarely a time for a farmers market but a couple of farms have returned to the corner of Jefferson and Monroe in downtown Rockville on Saturday morning to share the produce they have available, such as apples and squash held over from fall or young root crops, such as beets or carrots, that are growing in greenhouses. On January 9, a couple farmers arrived with little notice and yet most of their produce was gone by noon. This Saturday, February 13 was planned for another informal market but I was just notified it will be postponed to next Saturday, February 20 due to the cold weather. I’ll post an update if there’s a change in plans. If you’re looking for a larger winter market, visit the Olney Farmers and Artists Market on Sunday mornings.
Join 335 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- ‘Everyone Can Be Great Because Everyone Can Serve’ January 31, 2023
- Winter Travel Tips to Drive Safely January 31, 2023
- Black History in Our City January 31, 2023
- Manage Pain, Get Fit, and How Drugs Interact: This Month, at the Senior Center January 31, 2023
- Walk Safely! Tips for Sharing Rockville’s Roads January 31, 2023