Winter is rarely a time for a farmers market but a couple of farms have returned to the corner of Jefferson and Monroe in downtown Rockville on Saturday morning to share the produce they have available, such as apples and squash held over from fall or young root crops, such as beets or carrots, that are growing in greenhouses. On January 9, a couple farmers arrived with little notice and yet most of their produce was gone by noon. This Saturday, February 13 was planned for another informal market but I was just notified it will be postponed to next Saturday, February 20 due to the cold weather. I’ll post an update if there’s a change in plans. If you’re looking for a larger winter market, visit the Olney Farmers and Artists Market on Sunday mornings.
- “Boards and Commission Task Force” Should be Taken to Task
- Replacing Dawsons Market Requires a Cluster of Solutions; That May Be Too Much for the Mayor and Council
- County Considering Higher Densities along Twinbrook and Viers Mills Road
- Wondering About New Developments in the County?
- Metro Seeking Comments on Service Levels in Rockville
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Get Set for the Suds & Soles 5K May 15, 2018
- Hometown Holidays to Bring Rock, Restaurants, Remembrances to Rockville May 15, 2018
- Feel the Power at the Public Works Week Equipment Show May 15, 2018
- Croydon Creek Nature Center to Celebrate National Kids to Parks Day in Rockville May 15, 2018
- City Hall to Close for Memorial Day May 15, 2018
Ever Changing Tag Cloud
A&J Restaurant Beryl Feinberg Beryl L. Feinberg Board of Appeals Board of Supervisors of Elections Boards and Commissions Bridget Newton Brigitta Mullican Budget Bus Rapid Transit Cava Chestnut Lodge China Bistro Choice Hotels Cindy Cotte Griffiths City Clerk City of Rockville Claire Marcuccio Whitaker Claire Whitaker Clark Reed College Gardens David Hill Dawson's Market Dion Trahan Don Hadley Downtown Drew Powell East Rockville Environment commission Federal Realty Investment Trust Gazette Historic district commission Hometown Holidays JBG Companies Joe Jordan John Hall Julie Palakovich Carr King Farm La Limena Lincoln Park Mark Pierzchala Mayor and Council Montgomery County Montgomery County Public Schools New Mark Commons Open Meetings Act Patrick Schoof Peerless Rockville Phyllis Marcuccio Piotr Gajewski Planning Commission Red Brick Courthouse Red Gate Golf Course Richard Gottfried Rockville Central Rockville Chamber of Commerce Rockville Community Coalition Rockville Economic Development Inc Rockville Farmers Market Rockville Pike Rockville Town Square Safeway Senior Citizens Commission Sima Osdoby Spice Crossing Team Rockville Tom Moore Town Center Town Square Twinbrook Virginia Onley Voting West End West End Citizens Association Woodley Gardens