I love to cook but I’m not a great baker, so I have to rely on the skills of others for a crusty loaf of sourdough bread, a buttery almond croissant, a flaky Napolean, a beautiful fruit tart, and a luscious cake. I’m sufficiently picky that I rarely buy bread from the grocery store and instead only buy my baked goods at specific places, such as Whole Foods, St. Michel Bakery, Shilla Bakery, and the farmers’ markets in Rockville and Olney. But I may be able to add to that list: CakeDreams Cakery has just opened at 90 West Montgomery Ave (near South Adams?) in Rockville and offers 22 different American and European style cakes and 24 different fillings and frostings. Cupcakes are $2.85 each, a dozen baby cakes are $10, and basic party cakes start at $24. It’s a family-owned business, so check them out Tuesday-Saturday and let us know what you think.
Join 333 other subscribers
- Mayor and Council to Review Policies for Managing Grants, Staff, and Sponsorships
- Rockville City Manager Faces Performance Improvement Plan in Surprise Session
- Mayor and Council to Consider Increasing Lots of Fees; Can it Untangle 900 Rockville Pike?
- When is the Next Council Meeting? Agenda Center Creates Confusion
- Artisan Greek Bakery Opens in Twinbrook
Top Posts & Pages
City of Rockville News
- Meet a Rockville Employee: Kina Campbell
- RHE Wait Lists to Open for Housing Choice Voucher, Project-Based Voucher and Public Housing
- Rockville Housing Enterprises Acquires Scarborough Square
- Equipment Show to Highlight How Public Works is ‘Connecting the World’
- Farmers Market Returns in May with Food Benefit Matching Programs
- Summer Guides are Here!
- Celebrate the B&O Railroad’s 150th Anniversary with an Explore Rockville Tour
- Glenview-Peerless Speaker Series to Time Travel with ‘Frieda’s Song’ Author Talk
- Health Fair, Hips, Hearts, Cars and Eyes: At the Senior Center
- Performances, an Open House and Savings for Theatergoers in May and June at the Civic Center