For the next issue of Rockville Living, the online magazine, I’ll be writing about farmers markets since it’s the beginning of the season. Of course I’ll talk about the market in Rockville, but I may also mention the relatively new market in Olney (since it’s close by and very different) and the Farm Women’s Cooperative Market in Bethesda (because it’s the oldest and has an interesting history). I’ve already begun interviewing some of the vendors to get their perspectives and I’ll be making some recommendations on what to buy from whom (e.g., grass-fed beef from the Kaufmann family at Garden Path Farm at the Rockville market on Saturday), but if you have recommendations, suggestions, or ideas, post them here for consideration. I need to file my story soon, so let me know by June 16 (but of course, you can post comments here or at Rockville Living afterwards).
- Replacing Dawsons Market Requires a Cluster of Solutions; That May Be Too Much for the Mayor and Council
- County Considering Higher Densities along Twinbrook and Viers Mills Road
- Wondering About New Developments in the County?
- Metro Seeking Comments on Service Levels in Rockville
- K-12 Education in Maryland Receives a Grade of B, Still in Top 10%
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Get Set for the Suds & Soles 5K May 15, 2018
- Hometown Holidays to Bring Rock, Restaurants, Remembrances to Rockville May 15, 2018
- Feel the Power at the Public Works Week Equipment Show May 15, 2018
- Croydon Creek Nature Center to Celebrate National Kids to Parks Day in Rockville May 15, 2018
- City Hall to Close for Memorial Day May 15, 2018
Ever Changing Tag Cloud
A&J Restaurant Beryl Feinberg Beryl L. Feinberg Board of Appeals Board of Supervisors of Elections Boards and Commissions Bridget Newton Brigitta Mullican Budget Bus Rapid Transit Cava Chestnut Lodge China Bistro Choice Hotels Cindy Cotte Griffiths City Clerk City of Rockville Claire Marcuccio Whitaker Claire Whitaker Clark Reed College Gardens David Hill Dawson's Market Dion Trahan Don Hadley Downtown Drew Powell East Rockville Environment commission Federal Realty Investment Trust Gazette Historic district commission Hometown Holidays JBG Companies Joe Jordan John Hall Julie Palakovich Carr King Farm La Limena Lincoln Park Mark Pierzchala Mayor and Council Montgomery County Montgomery County Public Schools New Mark Commons Open Meetings Act Patrick Schoof Peerless Rockville Phyllis Marcuccio Piotr Gajewski Planning Commission Red Brick Courthouse Red Gate Golf Course Richard Gottfried Rockville Central Rockville Chamber of Commerce Rockville Community Coalition Rockville Economic Development Inc Rockville Farmers Market Rockville Pike Rockville Town Square Safeway Senior Citizens Commission Sima Osdoby Spice Crossing Team Rockville Tom Moore Town Center Town Square Twinbrook Virginia Onley Voting West End West End Citizens Association Woodley Gardens